- By his control, God plans and rules nature and history, so that certain human acts are conductive to his glory and others are not.
- By his authority, he speaks to us clearly, telling us what norms govern our behavior.
- By his covenant presence he commits himself to be with us in our ethical walk, blessing our obedience and punishing our disobedience.
- When we learn of God’s control, we learn to trust in God’s plan and his providence.
- When we learn of God’s authority, we learn to obey him.
- Finally, when we become aware of God’s covenant presence, we are moved to worship.
Three lordship attributes, three mandantory responses: faith, obedience, worship.
John Frame. The Doctrine of the Christian Life. (24-25)