Kevin DeYoung predigte zum Thema Scheidung und Wiederheirat. Dabei arbeitete er 7 Prinzipien heraus.
- Marriage is the sacred union between one man and one woman and God’s intention is for marriage to last a lifetime.
- Divorce is not always sinful.
- Divorce is permitted, but not required, on the ground of sexual immorality.
- Divorce is permitted, but not required, on the ground of desertion by an unbelieving spouse.
- When the divorce was not permissible, any subsequent remarriage (to someone other than the original spouse) results in adultery.
- In situations where the divorce was permissible, remarriage is also permissible.
- Improperly divorced and remarried Christians should stay as they are, but repent and be forgiven of their past sins and make whatever amends are necessary.
Hier geht es zur Predigt.