Justin Taylor fasst die Essenz des Predigens zusammen, wie sie Martin Lloyd-Jones in seinem Buch Preaching and Preachers herausarbeitet:
- The preacher’s danger: To love to preach is one thing, to love those to whom we preach is quite another.
- The golden rule: At this point there is one golden rule, one absolute demand–honesty. You have got to be honest with your text.
- The definition of preaching: It is theology on fire.
- The purpose of preaching: What is the chief end of preaching? I like to think it is this. It is to give men and women as sense of God and His presence.
- The romance and the realism of preaching: Any many who has had some glimpse of what is it to preach will inevitably feel that he has never preached. But he will go on trying, hoping that by the grace of God one day he may truly preach..